Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.mak-system.com, operated by MAK-SYSTEM S.A. (“MAK-SYSTEM”, “we” or “us”).
MAK-SYSTEM is an international group established in a number of jurisdictions around the world through affiliated entities.
MAK-SYSTEM S.A. is the data controller in relation to the processing of personal data carried out in relation to its visitors, prospective clients and clients and partners and service providers.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect, use, store, transfer and otherwise process different categories of personal data about the visitors of this website, our clients and prospective clients, their affiliates, and the members of their personnel, as set forth below:
- Identity data, including first name, last name, job title;
- Contact data, including email address and phone number;
- Technical data, including Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system;
- Usage data, including information about how you use our website and services.
We may use your personal data:
- to process your request, to contact you and to provide you with the information you have requested
- to offer or perform the services entrusted to us by our clients and prospective clients, and as necessary for the purpose of client management;
- to ensure the security of our website and to obtain statistics on the use of our website.
- for internal administrative or operational processes.
We may also (i) process the personal data of our partners or third-party vendors in the context of offering or providing our services, and (ii) collect and process personal data where we have a legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirement.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes described above or a purpose compatible with such purposes (or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law). If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so (unless applicable law prohibits us from doing so).
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect personal data about you, including:
- Offline, by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
- When we enter into an agreement or provide services to our clients, or when consideration is being given to such provision of services with prospective clients [and partners.
If you elect not to provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your request.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will process personal data if and to the extent applicable law provides a lawful basis in particular:
- Where we need to process your personal data to perform the contract we have entered into with you or where necessary at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Where processing is required to comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data, including in relation to the provision of services.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data unless it is the only available legal basis for processing such personal data under applicable law. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to process a query, provide services or fulfil any purposes set out in the section above, we may share your personal data among different entities within the group on a need-to-know basis.
We will not share your personal data with any other third parties, except where we are authorized or required to do so by applicable law.
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. In order to determine the retention period, we will take into account the nature of the personal data we collected and the purposes for collecting it.
We take technical and organizational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA
MAK-SYSTEM operates on a global scale and we may need to transfer personal data to other group entities, including to entities located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Transfers to locations outside of the EEA are governed by contractual arrangements which incorporate the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses. These arrangements are available upon request (see contact information below).
You may have rights under specific data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including, depending on the circumstances:
- The right to request access and rectification to your personal data;
- The right to request erasure of your personal data (if it is no longer necessary for us to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected or if the processing/storing of such personal data is otherwise unlawful. However, we must keep track of certain information necessary in order to comply with legal obligations, and/or to handle any claims or litigation);
- The right to object to processing of your personal data (on grounds relating to your specific situation, where we are processing your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests);
- The right to request restriction of processing your personal data;
- The right to data portability (you may ask us to send you your personal data in an electronic, structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and have your personal data transmitted directly from us to another data controller, where technically feasible without hindrance where the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party);
- The right to withdraw consent; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (please see contact information below) and provide sufficient identifying information so we can process your request. We may limit or deny access to personal data where permitted by applicable law.
- MAK-SYSTEM S.A., a Belgian Company whose registered office is: 35 Square de Meeus, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. The use of functionality cookies allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
The cookies we use will remain on your computer after the browser is closed and will expire after a period of 13 months. Until removed or expired, the cookies will become active again when the website is reopened. Cookies can be deleted by you, at any time, and will not collect any information when you are not accessing the website.
Note that other cookies may be stored on your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal data is stored, saved or collected.