Position: Senior Database Expert
Location: Skopje or Belgrade
Who we are?
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in London, MAK-SYSTEM is a leading provider of healthcare software for the management of blood, plasma, tissue, and cell products. MAK-SYSTEM is a pioneer in its field, providing leading-edge software for the blood chain management process, from donation through to transfusion. The company is continuously investing in the development of software solutions to shape the healthcare of tomorrow using reliable, secured, and scalable technology.
Our offices are located in London, Paris, Madrid, Brussels, Chicago, Frankfurt, Skopje, and Belgrade (for more information, please visit www.MAK-SYSTEM.com).
Who are we looking for?
Our technical team is expanding, and we have a thrilling job opportunity for a Senior Database Expert who is seeking challenging work in international projects for clients worldwide and wants to contribute to our development and growth.
We are looking for IT professionals to join our brilliant team in Skopje and Belgrade in a senior capacity to help in developing their latest software solutions dedicated to blood, plasma, tissue and cells products.
Profile/ set of responsibilities: Senior Database Expert with at least 5-year experience.
The selected candidate will be responsible to participate in the selection, design, prototyping, development, test, and implement new database solutions including specific improvements as needed in our Applications. The goal is to expand the scope of databases that can be used such as SQL Server, Aurora, MySQL, DB/2, etc. as we are currently Oracle-based only.
What qualifications are needed?
- Extensive experience in database related software development;
- Hands-on experience working in Query languages (SQL);
- Proven experience in Oracle and at least one more database data model optimization;
- Experience in Oracle Goldengate and a similar replication solution for at least one database;
- Experience in the development of “cross-database” solutions;
- Strong background in Linux/Unix operating systems and networking concepts; Linux and shell scripting;
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details;
- Innovation, Flexibility, and Adaptability – undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change;
- Proven ability to make recommendations to resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with MAK-SYSTEM’s culture, policies, and procedures;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills suitable for liaising with colleagues within the team and beyond to the broader project team, both on a one to one and to many bases;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written); and
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a software engineering related field (or equivalent experience).
What you can expect from us?
- Comfortable, friendly, professional and supportive work environment;
- Challenging and exciting career with an excellent salary and benefits package;
- Private health insurance, sponsored sports and fitness activities, a free meal, fruit and beverages at the office;
- Opportunity to gain invaluable experience in all aspects of events within a fast-paced global dynamic organization;
- Opportunity to gain international business experience, working for world high class companies;
- Possibility for personal and professional growth within a stable environment with ongoing training and support;
- Open door policy to all levels of management – everyone’s ideas are listened to and highly appreciated.
If you are interested, please send your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org; D.Kiprijanovska@mak-system.net