Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Skopje or Belgrade
Who we are?
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in London, MAK-SYSTEM is a leading provider of healthcare software for the management of blood, plasma, tissue, and cell products. MAK-SYSTEM is a pioneer in its field, providing leading-edge software for the blood chain management process, from donation through to transfusion. The company is continuously investing in the development of software solutions to shape the healthcare of tomorrow using reliable, secured, and scalable technology.
Our offices are located in London, Paris, Madrid, Brussels, Chicago, Frankfurt, Skopje, and Belgrade (for more information, please visit www.MAK-SYSTEM.com).
Who are we looking for?
Our technical team is expanding, and we have a thrilling job opportunity for a Devops engineer who is seeking challenging work in international projects for clients worldwide and wants to contribute to our development and growth.
MAK will now begin a journey into hosting and building cloud native applications the Devops engineer will help to deliver this ambition.
This role will join our brilliant team in Skopje and Belgrade in a senior capacity to help in developing their latest software solutions dedicated to blood, plasma, tissue, and cell products.
Part of a team who :
- Strives for continuous deployment of both applications and infrastructure on AWS platforms
- Builds and configures the tools and scripts of our automated deployment pipeline
- Participates actively in discussions with peers to identify issues and continually improve the overall system for everyone
- Works with internal Tandem teams and third parties to ensure all our tools and platforms are meeting service level objectives
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Support NFR activities, including security hardening, load and performance testing
- Elevate and manage incidents appropriately, ensuring root cause analysis and remediation, participating in a monthly on call 24/7 rotation.
- Act as an enabler for innovation in new tools, technologies, processes and techniques.
Profile: DevOps Engineer with at least 3 years’ professional experience.
What skills and experience is required?
- In-depth AWS experience running production workloads, migrations and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using scripts to automate the configuration of services and tools via their APIs or SDKs with a background using Python and other tools (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Shell)
- Experience developing in a source-controlled workspace (e.g. Git)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code approach to automating platform provisioning using Cloudformation and Terraform.
- Experience with build and deployment tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, Code Deploy, Ansible)
- Experience in deploying and managing deploymentsof relational database technologies (Oracle, mySQL)
- Understanding of the software engineering life cycle, including design, architecture, test automation, deployment automation, monitoring and alerting
- Support exposure in a 24/7 environment
- Linux experience, Amazon Linux/CentOS/Redhat/Ubuntu Distro
- Configuration management tools experience: Chef, Puppet, Ansible; CloudFormation and Terraform;
- Knowledge and experience of working in Java application development environments a benefit;
- Strong background in Linux/Unix operating systems and networking concepts; Linux and shell scripting; including AWS Linux/CentOS;Experience in deploying Micro-services;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services;
- Innovation, Flexibility, and Adaptability – undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change;
- Positive attitude and commitment to professional development;
- Proven ability to make recommendations to resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with MAK-SYSTEM’s culture, policies, and procedures;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills suitable for liaising with colleagues within the DevOps Team and beyond to the broader project team, both on a one to one and one to many bases; and
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written);
- Bachelor’s degree in a software engineering related field (or equivalent experience).
What you can expect from us?
- Comfortable, friendly, professional, and supportive work environment;
- Challenging and exciting career with an excellent salary and benefits package;Private health insurance, sponsored sports and fitness activities, a free meal, fruit and beverages at the office;
- Opportunity to gain invaluable experience in all aspects of events within a fast-paced global dynamic organization;
- Opportunity to gain international business experience, working for world high-class companies;
- Possibility for personal and professional growth within a stable environment with ongoing training and support;
- Open door policy to all levels of management – everyone’s ideas are listened to and highly appreciated.
If you are interested, please send your application at: email@example.com; D.Kiprijanovska@mak-system.net